Exterior concrete maintenance is important to prolong the life of your driveway and keep it looking new. As a homeowner, it’s important to inspect your driveway regularly for cracks or other damage. Exterior concrete maintenance is key to preserving the lifespan of your driveway. By following these simple tips, you can keep your concrete drive looking great for years to come.
Inspect your driveway regularly for cracks or other damage.
Exterior concrete is subject to a lot of wear and tear. Over time, it can develop cracks and other types of problems. For the most part, fixing driveway cracks is a relatively simple do-it-yourself project.
To figure out how to proceed, first identify the type of crack you’re dealing with and determine what caused it:
– Weathering: Concrete exposed to the elements can develop cracks from the freeze-thaw cycle. As water seeps into the concrete and freezes, it expands and puts pressure on the concrete, causing it to crack. These cracks are usually small and only run surface deep.
– Settlement: All foundations settle over time. If your home is built on expansive clay soils, you may see cracks as the soil shrinks and expands with changes in moisture content. These types of cracks are usually much deeper than weathering cracks.
– Poorly Compacted Subgrade: The subgrade is the layer of compacted soil beneath your driveway. If it’s not properly compacted, it can settle and cause the concrete to crack.
Once you know what caused the crack, you can proceed with fixing it. For small weathering cracks, all you need to do is clean out the crack and apply a sealant. For settlement or subgrade cracks, you may need to do some excavation and shore up the base before filling the crack.
If you’re not sure how to proceed, it’s best to consult a professional like Paul Brothers Softwash. Exterior concrete maintenance is important to keep your home looking its best and to prevent further damage.
In addition to fixing cracks, you should also regularly pressure wash your concrete to remove any dirt or debris. Pressure washing will also help to prevent staining. Exterior concrete maintenance is an important part of keeping your home in good condition. By taking care of your concrete, you can avoid expensive repairs down the road.
When sealcoating your driveway, be sure to use a good quality sealer.
– Seal your concrete to protect it from the elements and extend its life. There are different types of sealers available, so be sure to choose the right one for your needs.
– Be sure to clean the surface thoroughly before applying sealer, and let it dry completely.
– Patch any cracks or holes that are present before sealing.
– Applying a sealer is simple and can be done with a brush or roller. Just be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. If you have a new or large driveway, it is advisable to have a professional like Paul Brothers Softwash do the work.
– Plan on resealing concrete every one to three years, depending on the quality of the sealer and the amount of wear and tear on the surface.
-If you have any questions about caring for your concrete, consult Paul Brothers Softwash for professional advice.
Regularly sweep or blow leaves and other debris off of your driveway to prevent staining.
Leaf stains can be a problem on concrete surfaces, especially if you have trees nearby. To remove leaf stains, simply sweep them up or use a leaf blower to remove them from the surface. For stubborn stains, you may need to power wash the area. For best results, hire a professional pressure washing company to clean your concrete regularly.
Have your driveway professionally pressure washed.
Over time, mold and mildew will accumulate on your driveway and contribute to its deterioration. Using gentle pressure and specialized cleaners, a professional pressure washing company can clean your driveway without causing damage.
In addition to pressure washing, there are a few other things you can do to prolong the life of your exterior concrete. First, seal your concrete periodically to protect it from water damage and staining. Second, repair any cracks or chips as soon as possible to prevent further damage.
For more tips on prolonging the life of your exterior concrete, consult with a professional today. Pressure washing may seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. With the help of Paul Brothers Softwash, you can keep your driveway looking great for years to come.
Avoid using deicing chemicals.
Most deicing chemicals can be tough on concrete, causing it to break down over time. If you must use a deicer on your exterior concrete, choose one that is less corrosive and safer for the environment. There are many commercial ice melt products available that will not damage your concrete. Just be sure to avoid using any deicers on newly placed concrete, as it is much more susceptible to freeze-thaw damage than mature concrete.
Be careful not to spill gasoline or other petroleum products on your driveway.
Be careful not to spill gasoline or other petroleum products on your driveway, as they can also cause damage.
If you do have an oil spill, clean it up immediately. If the spill is small, you can probably clean it yourself. For larger spills, you may need to call a professional concrete cleaner.
If you have an oil stain on your driveway or garage floor, don’t despair. There are a number of products that can remove these stains. You can find these products at your local hardware store or home center.
To remove an oil stain from your concrete, start by scrubbing the area with a stiff brush and soapy water.
If this doesn’t work, you can try one of the following:
– Use a concrete cleaner/degreaser specifically designed to remove oil stains from concrete. You can find these products at your local home improvement store.
– Make a paste out of baking soda and water and apply it to the stain. Let it sit for a few hours, then scrub with a brush or power washer.
– Pour boiling water over the stain and scrub with a brush.
– Cover the stain with cat litter, let it sit for 24 hours, then sweep it up.
If you have stubborn stains that just won’t come up, you may need to call in a professional pressure washing company like Paul Brothers Softwash to help get your exterior concrete looking its best again.
Consult with a professional concrete cleaning contractor .
Schedule regular cleaning and sealing
To keep your exterior concrete looking its best, have it cleaned and sealed by a professional every few years. Paul Brothers Softwash offers high-quality concrete cleaning and sealing services that will help protect your investment. We use gentle yet effective cleaning solutions and
For more information about Paul Brothers or to get a free quote for pressure washing, house washing, roof cleaning, concrete cleaning, and/or gutter cleaning, visit our website at https://www.paulbrothersmobilewash.com or call us at 336-257-6025. We strive to be the best pressure washing service in Asheboro, NC. You can trust the Paul Brothers to always provide satisfaction-guaranteed pressure washing service.